Simply the best!
...the Kangaroos:
I saw my first kangaroo already on my first trip with Justin, George and Alex to the Grampians in November.
But these ones are the first we met during the big holidays in December with Marco, my father and Andrea somewhere on our way on the Great Ocean Road.
Of course: Australia is the land of kangoroos; it teems with kangaroos. So it stands to reason that we met more than only the above.
"Hi!"

"Hey, man, I'm cool!"
It's a male - doesn't it look like garlic? Let me tell you something about that "garlic": We observed that it is let down when a kangaroo is sitting like on the picture. If a kangoroo hops it pulls the "garlic" in and lets it down again when it sits. Very interesting!
...the Koalas:
...who have the whole day nothing else to do than hanging on some branches, sleeping there and eating masses of eucalyptus. Again our first ones on our way on the Great Ocean Road.
Looks quite uncomfortable, don't you think?

And again:
eating... and sleeping
In the Billabong Koala Park:
... and all the other creatures, that can be found here:
colourful parrots (like the rainbow lorikeets)
Possums
the laughing Kookaburra
Phillip Island's famous little penguins
cockatoos
Echidna, a special hedgehog
lizards
Platypus (together with the echidna the only living forms of egg-laying mammals)
wombats (which I consider an ugly mix of bulldog and rabbit or pig)
the Tasmanian Devil (mix of big rat and dog?)
ostrichs (also ugly!)
peacocks (at least they are beautiful)
thousands and thousands of flies when you travel to South Australia
and of course the most poisonous snakes (like the Taipan and the King Brown)
and spiders (the famous venomous Redback and the non-toxic but disgusting Huntsman)
Luckily I haven't yet had the pleasure to meet one of the last four species - and I hope that doesn't change! All the rest I have already seen somewhere at some stage while travelling through Australia.















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home