Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Thursday, 2 March 2006

My mum's here! - Wilson's Promontory

After I came back from my "second holiday" at home and in Italy (yes, I was back in Europe for 3 weeks), I brought my mum along with me: from Germany all the way to Australia :-)

I had her with me for a bit more than 2 weeks from the end of February till March. And though it was her holidays she cooked for me (finally good meals again!), she paid my coffee when we went out... and even ironed my clothes! Isn't she a great mum!?!? ;-)
Of course I tried that she enjoyed staying here in Australia and we simply booked for the 2nd of March a spontaneous trip to Wilson's Promontory where I hadn't been before yet.
Wilson's Promontory is a national park in the Gippsland region of the state of Victoria, 157 km southeast of Melbourne and forms the southernmost part of the Australian mainland.
We had joined a small group tour leaving from Melbourne which was guided through the whole day by a really nice and knowledgeable scottish woman.
Somewhere en route in "the Prom" we stopped to look out for my mum's first kangaroos - and found them alive as well as dead, or better what was still left from them:
In order to merit our lunch, our next activity was a hike up to Mt. Bishop.
The view from Mt. Bishop
Back with a walk through the bush
and straight to nice Squeaky Beach
A walk from the beach leads after ca. 2.2 km to Tidal River, our pick up point to start already our trip back to Melbourne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home