Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Sunday, 4 June 2006

Darwin - Katherine Gorge (Outback trip)

Day4

You know that "guy" here??? - It's buffalo Charly from Crocodile Dundee I+II, only a bit less lively after his death. But he's real!


Scott, our guide for the next 3 days from Darwin to Alice Springs, dared to pick us up at 5.30 am at our hostel!
Let's go and visit Nitmiluk Nationalpark, that was supposed to be either canoeing or cruising the striking Katherine Gorge.


Unfortunately, those hiring the canoes weren't operating yet and cruising (for $40) was no option for us, so that we decided for the 3.5 km Windlof Walk up to the top to be amazed by a wonderful view instead:








and to then do all the way down...




... to a little beautiful sand "beach".








And a usual bonfire at the permanent campsite.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home