Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Wednesday, 22 March 2006

XVIII Commonwealth Games - Athletics

Initially I wanted to go and get a ticket to see some gymnastics and/or swimming, but that was simply impossible since all tickets for all days for these disciplines were already completely sold out in advance. However, I didn't want to let the Commonwealth Games pass without me having attended one sports event - one of interest and not something stupid like lawn bowls... For athletics on Wednesday 22nd March were still tickets available.
I asked a friend if he (with his brother and/or girlfriend) wanted to join me. We tried to get tickets for seats located in the curve where the high jump finals of the men were taking place that evening. That was of great importance for Stavros as two Cypriots qualified for the finals and we wanted to have good view of that. Once in the stadion, we found out that our seats were on level four, meant high up without that "good view" of the high jump.
Well, but as it always seems to happen when going to some event with Stavros (like at the Australian Open) we again managed to sneak into a for us restricted area: row 3, ground level, in the middle of the rows of the athlets' trainers, relatives or other Games participating athlets etc. Seats you can't even buy tickets for. And have a look at how good the view from these seats were... :-) (no, I don't mean that extremely beautiful hair cut!)








And in the end a photo with 3 other Cypriot athlets sitting among us in the rows

And because it was admission free coming directly through the CBD, I went with a friend (Sarah) to see the marathon:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home