Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Saturday, 1 April 2006

Birthdays at Seibold's

Family Seibold... Who is that?
Well, I start the story from the very beginning.

Mrs. Seibold and her husband, an elderly couple, live in Meckenheim, same little town as I come from in Germany. Many years ago my mum needed help at home, because she was working a lot and she found that lady to give her a hand with the household. Basically since then (ca. 1997?) Mrs. Seibold is my mum's right-hand woman, our "good soul", always having an ear for all kinds of problems and always with a wise piece of advice:-)
Part of that family are also three sons, Thomas, Werner and Andreas. Thomas, the oldest, lives now for 8 years with his wife and family in Australia, close to Melbourne (Dandenong). The middle one, Werner, still lives in Germany. But only shortly before I arrived in Melbourne, also the youngest, Andreas settled in Melbourne with his girlfriend Monica to start a new life in Down Under.
Yes, the world is really small! Exactly Melbourne is the city I had to go to for my studies so that I could profit from first advices and recommendations from Werner, Andreas and Monica.

Anyway, where I want to get to is that - of course - Mrs. & Mr. Seibold came to Melbourne to visit family and other relatives...to the dismay of my mum for whole 5 months.

April 1, big birthday party at Seibold's house: Mrs. Seibold and her oldest son celebrate together 100 years! I took only a few pictures.





(Monica, Andreas & Mrs. Seibold's mother)


(Andreas)



(Mrs. Seibold & her son cutting the cakes)



I was really touched when Mrs. & Mr. Seibold during the evening offered me to be on first-name terms with them. You must know that in Germany this is not like here in Australia where you even call your lecturers by first name. It's not very common for young people of my age to be on first name with someone at the age of "Hanna & (also) Werner".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home