Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Sunday, 2 April 2006

Foster's Australian Grand Prix

March 30 - April 02: it's time for the Australian Formula 1 in Melbourne's Albert Park around the lake, introduced with some flight shows

For $68 I got a general admission ticket (= no allocated seats, just walking around the whole race area) to see my first Grand Prix live on its last day. I went there with some other Germans from my uni, strolling through the crowds to find here and there some place with a good view of the course.



The whole day started in the morning with some other races like the V8 supercars and some BMW car competitions, but don't expect me to tell you more about that, coz I have no idea of these races. I just have some pics:

And after the "parade" of all the pilots at 2 pm as usual the actual race, the F1 started of which I managed to take some of the following pictures - which isn't easy if the cars pass you with more than 300km/h:

(Well, actually that isn't easy at all, so nearly all my pics are crap and I stole the above ones from someone who had more luck or a better seat than me...)

Few metres before the finish-line Button's car decided to get on fire

so that in the end Alonso won... followed by Räikkönen und R. Schumacher

What a loud day! (I could hear the race even in my apartment those days...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home