Lilli in Australia

Yes, you’re right: this is the homepage of Lilian in the land of Kangaroos, Koalas and the lot! Rather than telling you all the long stories about what happened since I arrived in Australia, I use this site as a platform to publish all the heaps of photos I took during my stay. It’s an easy way to show them to all of you. Just click yourself through the page to be up to date with “Lil in OZ” :-) …(more under post “G’day mate!”)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

Saturday, 8 July 2006

Melbourne, goodbye ;-(

Saturday July 8, 2006... time to leave :-(

Justin was so kind and offered to accompany me with all my luggage to the airport. Due to "some" excess luggage I try to be one of the first to check-in so he picks me up early at 12.45 pm and indeed I check-in with 30 kg (=10 kg excess luggage + hand luggage...) and without any problems :-)

After checking-in we proceed to the food corner at the airport to pass the last hours together, have some last chats, something to eat and talk about the last year and about me leaving soon.

Also Theo, Gwen & Stavros come to the airport to say goodbye! That is so nice!!!
While sitting there it seems I don't recognize that I will leave everyone of them & Melbourne behind in a short while, in a few minutes...





Proceeding to the gates. I can still hold back the emotions, the sadness of leaving. Everything seems to be still alright, but I feel the "worst moment" coming closer...


...trying not to think of what will happen in only a few minutes...


...supressing the sadness...


...until in the end I simply can't hold back the tears. I simply can't! From one moment to the other I'm overcome by the terrible reality...


I recognize: now I have to go, leave everything behind, say goodbye to people I've become very attached to. Now ends what started nearly exactly one year ago at this airport: a wonderful, unforgettable year in Down Under ;-(

With a heavy heart I pass the door, turning around one last time, waving goodbye one more time...

...approaching the boarding area to get on the plane.


The flight OS 8 with Austrian Airlines departing Melbourne Tullamarine at 4.40 pm brings me back home. Or better: first in approx. 9 hours to Singapore. Here I leave the plane for refuelling for 30 mins.




Another 11,5 hours and I arrive at 5.30 am at Vienna International Airport.






Arrived in Vienna I was supposed to take another connecting Austrian flight to Cologne/Bonn airport. But since the stopover would amount to 10 hours, I preferred to book for ca. $100 another seperate flight with our German low cost carrier Germanwings.
Thus, at Vienna I already get my luggage, I go up to the check-in/departure level and check in for my continuing flight with Germanwings. Having a bit more trouble with the 10 kg excess luggage I finally also pass this "hurdle" without paying extra. Well, interesting what a little flirt can be good for :-)

At 10.20 am I well arrive at Cologne/Bonn. My whole family came to pick me up :-)

And another 30 mins. later I'm back home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home